Welcome to SDCompo (Latest News)
SDCompo One-Liners Loading...
Long time SDcompo enthusiast tenfour is selecting songs for his jazz band to play live in a concert.
Some info from tenfour:
- This is not an official poll or contest. In the end I'll just choose something, and I make no guarantees about my criteria.
- Nominate your own stuff, nominate others' stuff, nominate non-sdcompo tunes as well, heck why not! The more the merrier!
- Renoise tunes are preferred (over psycle, sunvox, et al), because I can use the samples / sounds verbatim during performance.
- I am judging the composition more than the production quality. It needs to be playable live with minimal modifications. Maybe even unfinished work. It doesn't need to be a top-3-voted song to be considered. It just needs to have the right character (if played by us), and be appropriate for live performance.
- I will definitely make changes to the song to accommodate performance.
- We are 4 mostly-professional musicians: drums, electric bass, alto sax/guitar, keyboard (me) with training in jazz. I will probably use 2 keyboards driving Renoise. The other lead guy is playing alto sax and acoustic guitar (comp only, no big guitar solos). He can sing.
- We will take a while to form this project - I don't expect that we will be performing before November.
- I will pay for the rights to the song.
A bit extra: to add to the "show" element, I am also considering some artwork. A projected movie, or photos, or something. I am not really sure... but I know many of our songs have a certain introverted feeling to them, and in that case a little something "extra" would be nice for performance. Any ideas are welcome!
Deadline for submissions is: Aug 1
So, if you have some SDcompo favorites or a song of your own that you think might sound good by a live band, or some artwork ideas, head on over to the forum thread to make your suggestion!
Thanks & good luck!
-The Soundevotion Competition Team